Peter C. Jenkins
3000 Rainmaker, Prescott, AZ 86305
Phone: 928-776-4600 / Cell: 928-710-3224
Seasoned Attorney with Proven Client Development,
Project Management and Professional Training Skills
Peter is an accomplished trial lawyer, business consultant and trainer with expertise in interpersonal communication and client / law practice development. He has devoted the last 10 years of his career to creating, implementing and managing projects designed to promote stronger and more productive, profitable and rewarding strategic business relationships between corporate law department leaders and their preferred outside counsel and legal suppliers.
- Project Management. Peter pioneered establishment of the nationwide “Managing Litigation as a Business” initiative and related “Managing Litigation Reference Model” project – groundbreaking collaborative ventures designed to help corporate in-house legal teams manage their companies’ risk, disputes and litigation more efficiently and effectively to achieve better outcomes at lower costs and implement continuous improvement programs.
- Business Development. Recognizing an unmet market need, Peter created and produced five annual “LawPartnering Forums” – the first-of-a kind series of national conferences devoted to promoting understanding and use of strategic partnering business models by corporate law departments and their preferred outside counsel and legal suppliers.
- Professional Training. When “marketing” was still considered unprofessional by most law firm leaders, Peter designed and successfully promoted “Selling Skills for Attorneys” training/coaching programs to firms of all sizes nationwide. Peter has trained over 2500 lawyers at all levels of experience how to build strong client relationships and sell their services effectively in our competitive legal marketplace.
President and General Counsel, LawPartnering, Inc. – July 2000 – present
(“LawPartnering”), Prescott, AZ
President, ML Institute, LLC – June 2008 – present
(“Managing Litigation Institute”), Prescott, AZ
Vice President, Law Department Desktop Services, LLC – May 2006 – present
(“LDDS”), North, VA, and Prescott, AZ
Additional Experience and Education
- Executive Director, Nationwide Career Counseling for Attorneys / Sutherland Hermann Associates
- Director of Training and Special Programs, Jaffe & Associates
- President and Lead Instructor, Jenkins Clary Consultants
- Attorney at Law – public, law firm and independent legal / trial practice
- U.S. Army Reserve Officer, Signal Corps
Special Training and Education:
- Certified Instructor Career Transition, Lee Hecht Harrison
- Certified Instructor of Neuro-Associative Conditioning
- LLM, Trial Advocacy, Georgetown University Law Center
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law; Honors Graduate; Order of the Coif
- B. Management Engr., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Honors Graduate